Wheels Of Grace Magazine

Volume 9, Issue 6

Issue link: https://cp.revolio.com/i/960156

Contents of this Issue


Page 15 of 40

WheelsOfGrace.com | Volume 9 Issue 6 | 15 B I K E R J A R G O N BIKER J ARGON Every subculture has its own lingo. Bikers are no exception. Are you on the fringe of a motorcycle society? Have you heard a biker speaking and would like to understand what he was talking about Would you like to gain insight into the biker mindset? Do you just like words? Here you'll find an introductory dictionary of commonly used road-motorcycle terminology and biker slang, compiled with the average "Citizen" in mind. • Citizen: (noun) a person with no known affiliation with a Motorcycle Club. • 1%er (One-Percenter): if 99% of motorcycle riders are law-abiding members of society, the rest is the 1%. Advertised through a patch or tattoo, usually on a diamond shaped back field. M o t o r c y c l e L i n g o By Axle Addict • 1-Kicker: Starts on the first kick. A well-tuned motorcycle. • 1-piece (One-Piece): "1-piece" outfit of protective clothing, covering the rider from neck to ankles. • 2-into-1: Two exhaust pipes mated into one pipe, i.e. two header pipes into one muffler pipe. • 2-Piece (Two-Piece): "2-piece" outfit of protective clothing, consisting of a jacket and pants, often constructed to allow the two pieces to be zipped together at the waist. • 2-Second Rule: Same as with a car. A tool used to estimate the minimum safe following distance between moving vehicles. Cars following a motorcycle should allow four seconds as motorcycles can stop much more quickly than cars can. • 2-Stroke: An engine in which the piston assembly/assemblies run two strokes per cycle. • 3-Piece Patch/3 Patch: A configuration of back patches used by some motorcycle clubs with a top patch (club's name), a center patch (club's logo), and a bottom patch (geographical territory). Top and bottom patches are referred to as "Rockers." • 4-Stroke: An engine in which the piston assembly/assemblies run four strokes per cycle. • 6-Bends/6-Bend Handlebars: Handlebars that have six bends. Popular in '70s Chopper culture. • 6-bend Handlebars13: the 13th letter of the alphabet (M). Can stand for motorcycle, marijuana, methamphetamines, Mongols, and mother chapter. • 81: The eighth letter of the alphabet (H) and the first letter (A). Stands for Hell's Angels • 99%er: The opposite of a 1%er. Patch often worn by an off-duty biker, first responders, police, firefighters, EMTs/paramedics, and military personnel. Sometimes worn by citizens as a social statement, but this isn't a great idea as 1%ers could consider it antagonistic or as a challenge. To be continued in our next issue. F. A. I. T. H. RIDERS No one Left Behind

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of Wheels Of Grace Magazine - Volume 9, Issue 6